Christmas time is one of my mom’s favorite holidays, especially because of the lights. We use to ride to different neighborhoods admiring all the holiday lights. I, too, got that love from my mom!
So, tonight, with a clear, crisp sky, a half moon hanging above, and many of the people that I love: my mom, dad, husband, daughter, aunt and a few friends went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for their spectacular light show. In particular, it is a very kid-friendly venue that had my daughter saying, “Come On” throughout the whole gardens. She didn’t even want to get in her stroller it was so exciting!
We packed a GF dinner for my daughter and were on our way by 4:45 pm to avoid bedtime conflict. It was definitely dark by the time we left.
Here were mine and my daughter’s favorite highlights:
1. A Bonding Moment with Froggy
2. The Chihuly Fountain (with the half moon hanging over our heads)
3. The Garden Railway featuring Coca-Cola Trains as well as a Tootsie Roll one
4. Lights of Sculpture Dancing to Music
5. *S’mores Making – *Note: There is a fire pit where you can roast s’mores that you purchase there. If you want to make s’mores, bring your own graham crackers (S’morables by Kinnikinnick), chocolate (Enjoy Life), and marshmallows (Kraft). They provide you sticks, so you’ll have to pay a fee of sorts, but it’s totally worth it.