Need a quick side dish for dinner? Roasting asparagus is super easy and is like eating asparagus fries. We like ours to get pretty crisp.
olive oilkosher salt
1-2 bunches of asparagus
optional: parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Rinse and dry your asparagus
- Line your metal pan with parchment paper for easy clean up, but you can skip this step if need be. Snap ends off of bottom of asparagus. They should snap easily at their natural breaking point. My 3 year old daughter loves to do this party with me.
- Lay out the snapped asparagus on the pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over them (1-2 TBSP) and then sprinkle with kosher salt. About 1 tsp of salt per bunch of asparagus, but you can eye-ball this. You don’t want it to be coated with salt, but you do need more than a pinch.
- Toss the asparagus on the pan with the salt and olive oil. Make sure they’re coated, but you don’t want oil dripping off.
- Stick in the oven at 400*F and toss every 15-20 minutes until they are done to your liking. If you want them crispy, I’d recommend 45 minutes or so.Voila! Roasted Asparagus!